Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Scheduling Made Easy: Tungle.me

I'm just writing a quick post about a great application that allows you to share your availability with others whether it's for personal or business reasons. The name of this app is tungle.me. This app was created back in 2009 as a start up venture in Montreal, Canada. As of April 2011, they have been acquired by Research in Motion (RIM), the makers of Blackberry phones and tablets. In my opinion this is a great web application!

I first learned of this app when I was trying to schedule a recent job interview. The hiring manager sent me a public link to his tungle profile to show when he was available to meet. I just had to propose a meeting time. This was synced up with my blackberry calendar and also I was sent an email to remind me of the date and time of the interview. Below is an example of the public profile.

The interface is easy to use. Once you have set up a profile you can choose to sync it with other calendar applications such as google calendar, ical, microsoft outlook, blackberry calendar, facebook, and others. Once all calendars are synced up you can see your events and appointments on the tungle.me calendar. The good thing is that when you share your tungle.me calendar with someone else they can't see your events but only see that you are not available or busy at that time. Another great thing is that this prevents double booking. Also the person who wants to propose a meeting does not have to sign up for an account to propose meeting times.

This is definitely a great application to increase productivity. It is a great way to minimize the time and sometimes confusion of scheduling meetings with each other. It is free to sign up for an account. There are also the app versions that you can download for your mobile phone. So far blackberry and iphones are supported. There is no word on an android app on their website but I am sure one will be on its way.

I suggest you check it out and see for yourself if this app can be useful in your life. I think that it will be!
Here is the link again: tungle.me.

No comments:

Post a Comment