Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

How to Save Time When Re-installing Software After Formatting: Ninite

My laptop is almost 6 years old and I have not formatted it yet. I know that it would be a good idea to wipe the hard drive and to start once again from scratch. I also know that re-installing all my software is going to be time consuming, possibly soul crushing, and overall boring. This is clearly one of those tasks that I try to avoid at all costs. I have found a website that makes the process more bearable. After formatting and re-installing your favourite operating system, fire up your browser and go to http://ninite.com/.

What is so great about Ninite?
On this website you can pick and choose which programs that you want to install on your computer. You will then be able to download the installer. Ninite will download and install all the software that you chose. The great thing is that the process is automated. Usually when you install something you have to click "next", "next"..."finish". This will eliminate that process. All software is up to date and you can re run the installer again to get any new updates. Also a great feature is that it automatically refuses to install any additional tool bars or any other software that will bloat your computer. It is now easier to get all the software that you would download and install in one easy package. You don't have to signup for anything. Just pick what you want and install for free!

Go to the website and take a look at what programs they have to offer. The following is a list of the programs and their categories:






I used this website after formatting a computer at a previous job. This saved me a lot of time and hassle! I'm sure everyone's time is important and we should not have to perform tedious tasks such as re-installing software after formatting. I hope this helps you out in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment